Green Beans with Nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g (2 oz) nuts (pine nuts, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, whatever you like)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 500g (1 lb) green beans (haricots)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- Salt and peper
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a flying pan, add nuts and fly until golden brown.
- Drain and keep nuts and oil separate.
- Trim the green beans and remove strings.
- Boil the beans with salt water for 3 minutes and drain.
- Heat the oil in the flying pan and fly onion for 5-10 minutes until brown.
- Add garlic and continue flying for 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes, add salt & papper.
- Sprinkle over lemon juice and the nuts.
This entry was posted in All
and tagged haricot
. Bookmark the permalink