Grönkålspaj (Kale Pie)
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) flour
- 75 g (2.6 oz) and 1 tbsp butter (room temprature)
- 75 ml (2.5 fl oz) quark (kvarg) or cottage cheese
- 250 g (9 oz) fresh kale without stems (chopped)
- 3 red onion (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) whipping cream
- 100 ml (3.4 fl oz) milk
- 2 dl (6.8 fl oz) walnut (crushed)
- Mix flour and butter.
- Add quark and mix.
- Put an oven sheet or spread butter on a pie form (24 cm / 9 in).
- Spread dough and make some wholes with a folk and put it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile boil the kale in boiled water with salt for some minutes and drain.
- Fry the red onion with 1 tbsp butter.
- Add the kale and continue frying for some minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, turn off the heat, leave util room temperature.
- Start preheating oven in 200 °C (392 °F).
- Mix eggs, whipping cream and milk.
- Put the kale on the paj form and pour the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and walnut.
- Put it in oven for 35-40 minutes.
This entry was posted in All
and tagged kale
. Bookmark the permalink