Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake) Osaka Style
- 200 g (7 oz) flour (sifted)
- 400 ml (13 fl oz) Dashi (Japanese stock) or vegetable stock in cold
- 50 g (1.7 oz) Yam or potato (grated)
- 4 eggs
- 400 g (14 oz) fresh cabbage (Shredded. If it is hard one, cook in micro wave for some minutes)
- 1 cup leek or green onion (chopped)
- 250 g (9 oz) fillings (1-2 from sliced pork, bacon, ham, shrimps, squid, corn, cheese, Beni shōga)
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Toppings – Okonomi/Tonkatsu sauce or HP sauce, mayonnaise, Katsuobushi (dried, fermented, and smoked skipjack tuna), Aonori (seaweed flakes), Beni shōga (pickled ginger), Shichimi
- Mix flour, Dashi and Yam and leave for a while.
- Add eggs, cabbage, leek and fillings and mix it.
- Heat a frying pan and spread oil and spread 1/4 of mixture like making pancake.
- After 3-4 minutes turn it and steak the other side for 3-4 minutes.
- Steak the rest just like the first one.
- Put toppings.
This entry was posted in All
and tagged cheese
. Bookmark the permalink