Sommartårta (Summer Cake)
- 3 eggs (in room temperature)
- 70 g (2.5 oz) sugar
- 70 g (2.5 oz) flour (sifted)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour (sifted)
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) sugar
- 400 ml (15 fl oz) milk
- 2 tbsp rum
- 250 g (9 oz) frozen berries (unfrozen)
- 350-500 ml (12-17 fl oz) whipping cream
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp rum
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven in 160 °C (320 °F)
- Whip eggs and sugar for the sponge cake.
- Add flour with spatula.
- Put an oven paper in a form (about 20 cm / 8 inches).
- Put the mixture in the form and bake it for 30-40 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, start with the custard cream. Mix eggs, flour, sugar and milk in a pan.
- Warm it in middle temperature, mix it all the time, be careful with the bottom.
- When it started creamy, lower the heat.
- Continue heating and mixing until it gets enough hard and leave it colder.
- When the sponge cake ready, throw the form from 20 cm (8 inches) high.
- Put out the sponge cake from the form, cover it with a wet cloth or plastic foil and leave it until cold.
- When the custard cream gets cold, add rum and berries.
- When the sponge cake gets cold, remove the paper and slice it in three.
- Spread the custard cream between the sponge layers.
- Whip whipping cream and sugar, add rum.
- Cover the cake with the whipped cream.
- Leave it in refrigerator over night.
- Put fresh berries on the top.
This entry was posted in All
and tagged cake
, whipped cream
. Bookmark the permalink