Tex Mex Pie
- 1.5 dl (5 fl oz) Wheat flour
- 1.5 dl (5 fl oz) Graham flour
- 100 g (3.5 oz) butter
- 3 tbs water
- 500g (1 lb) minced meat (beef)
- 1 red pepper (fresh, chopped)
- 1 habanero (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 250-400 g (9-14 oz) corn
- 1-2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1-2 pkg Taco/Fajita spice mix
- 1 dl (3.3 fl oz) water
- 1/2 can Taco salsa
- Salt, pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2dl milk
- 100-150 g (3.5-5 oz) grated cheese
1. Mix flour + butter to a grainy mass.
2. Add water and mix until you have a smooth dough.
3. Paste the dough into a pie form (26-29cm). Let rest in cold place for 20 min. Heat oven to 200C, pre-bake the pie-form for 10 minutes.
4. While pie form is baking, fry minced meat in oil, when almost done, add onion. When meat is ready, add peppers, tomatoes and corn, then add taco-spice and water.
5. Leave it until the pie ready.
6. Mix eggs + milk.
7. Take out the pie form from oven, fill it with the filling. Pour egg-milk mixture over the fillings. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
8. Bake in middle of oven for 30 minutes on 200C.
9. Leave it for 10 minutes.
This entry was posted in All
and tagged cheese
, minced meat
. Bookmark the permalink